Monday, October 29, 2012

Writing Club Part 2


Writing Prompt: You are a Serial Killer. What shows do you put on your DVR? Why? 

My job

Unconventional

Riding beings of this world

 who shouldn’t be here

at least I don’t think they should be

I don’t like to believe anyone loves them
 

My favorite

Death by poison

I watch them

Struggle

Shrivel up

Fight for air

And then

Nothing
 

If that doesn’t work

Fast enough

I remove limbs

One

By

One

Then apply pressure

Slowly

Firmly

Snap

Nothing
 

Sometimes I save

Unique killings

To remember the experience

There is a way

To store things

Without

Stench
 

After a full day

I need rejuvenation

TV always helps

Preferably

“So you think you can dance”
 

I watch only

The judges

Specifically

Mary Murphy

Her voice

Chalk on chalkboard

Nothing makes

Me want to

Kill more than

That voice
 

So I fast forward

To her

Cackle

Rewind

Cackle

Rewind

Cackle

RAGE
 

Suddenly

My phone rings

No doubt

Jobs

For the next day

I’m ready for it

I tap accept

In my most

Professional voice

I say

“Serial Killer Bug Extermination

How may I help you?”

No comments: