Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blessed


As I listened to conference this weekend I also watched Kade interact with the girls.  I felt extremely blessed to see how safe and loved they feel with him.  I'm thankful he isn't afraid to color Minnie Mouse, sleep on Princess couches, and console dramatic hearts when life has been overwhelming {including mine}.  I also know that he doesn't do it for the hugs and kisses alone.  He respects his Priesthood and honors Fatherhood.  I've realized this weekend that this is the only thing that matters.  When our weaknesses seem to taint our own relationship I need to think back on these moments and be thankful for a husband who puts what matters most as his top priority.  I needed to learn that this weekend because frankly we had been driving each other nuts! 


For some reason me and Kade started talking about old embarrassing moments 
we had with long lost loves.  
Mine was in 1st grade when me and Jared Porter were secretly holding hands on the reading rug. He started to feel my nails, picked up my hand, looked at it in disgust and said "Why don't you ever paint your nails!".  He then dropped my hand and put all attention into the book then being read.  Everyone around me became a blur as my eyes watered over.  I then looked at the girl in front of us and noticed her bright red nails.  It must be her that I lost the love of my life to!  I don't think there was ever a seven year old more saddened that day by lost love and ugly hands.
Kade then shared with me an experience he had as a 12 year old in his friends back yard.  They were all "hanging out"  and Kade decided to show off his stuff on the trampoline.  When he made his move to get up he farted...leaving an awkward silence trailing behind it.  To make matters worse his crush was setting right beside him.  It seems many of his awkward moments revolve around a fart. 

1 comment:

Whitney Shurtz said...

I love everything about this post!