I'm an avid price-matcher at Walmart. In fact I'm the lady you don't want to get behind when you are checking out. I do try to organize the items I'm price-matching to make the process a speedy one. So I feel like I'm do my part. In fact I try to go to the same lady each week...Patty. Patty does her research too and like a good Walmart cashier knows the ads by heart. It makes it so we are not forced to flip through the ads to compare products and such and such. Well Patty recently was bumped up to management forcing me to bounce around from cashier to cashier, trying to find that connection me and Patty had. I've been disappointed. I found Catherine in the gardening section. She is social, remembers my girls, bribes them with stickers, and has two missing front teeth. She's perfect! But she works in gardening and I'm NOT taking my full chart to the gardening section.
Back to square one.
Well this leads me to last weeks shopping experience. I checking out at 9:30pm on a thursday night (an interesting experience by itself) and I come to a bag of fruit originally $4.50 on sale for $.96 at Food City. Apparently I'm supposed to get the individually bagged fruit instead of the pre-bagged fruit so management is called for us to plead our case. I turn around and see Patty walking towards us. A big smile comes on my face and I think "Yes, Patty will match this for me, we have the teller/customer connection!"
She comes up to my current cashier who tells her the situation. Looks at me and tells me again that the fruit I bought needs to come from the individual bags versus the pre-bags. I just stare at her as there is no recollection of me across her face. I meant nothing to her! I tell them I'll buy it for full price trying to shake off the rejection. Patty then walks off to her next task.
Patty you are dead to me.
I will never give myself to another Walmart employee as long as I live...unless she/he will price-match my oranges.
3 comments:
Patty is too good for you now that she has been bumped up to management. How dare she though. I love the pictures!
You tell 'em!
Ha Ha! I will give Patty a dirty look if/when I see her!
Post a Comment